Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Our Yucatan *LOVE*

Received "Our Yucatan: Tales and Poems, Mostly True, But Laced With Artistic License" by Merida Writers' Group from Amazon, and so far, it's been so relevant that I'm almost scared. We're not even going to stand out when we get down there. I'm afraid we'll be like everyone else. But then, we ought to get along fine with the people we meet.

After reading the first two pages of "Midlife Meatloaf," I stopped and waited to read the whole thing to my husband, although I hoped he wouldn't feel sympathy for the main character who left his wife.   I mean, we've recently bought a BWM Z4 too! And have discussed a hot tub, deciding we can wait until we get down there for a beach in our back yard....  and I do feed my husband healthy food and try to get him to take care of himself.

Anyway we both loved the story (Spoiler: Do you love Pina Coladas....and walking in the rain?)

And now, I've started reading "The Maya Queen," but about the time I got to her deciding to come down "Chicken Pizza" on her butt, I stopped that one too. I'll read it with hubby. That's a well-remembered experience of ours as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment